Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.
WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Resident Support Staff
Job Title: Resident Support Staff
Facility: Supportive Housing
Shift 1: 7am-3:30pm
Shift 2: 3pm-11:30pm
Shift 3: 11pm-7:30am
Will Train Applicant(s): Experience required.
Start Date: ASAP
The focus of this fast paced role is to create and maintain a calm and safe environment that supports the residents daily living. Responsible for implementing all daily living tasks in an effort to assist residents while they attend outpatient programming.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor residents before, during and after treatment hours at residence
- Provide assistance for clients who need support navigating through daily living skills
- Work collaboratively with house manager to support clients with working towards goals (cooking, grocery shopping, maintaining adl's)
- Develop rapport with clients and provide a safe environment for them.
- Monitoring entering and exiting residents coming in or leaving facility
- Communicate with treatment teams regarding clients' progress and concerns.
- Maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment which fosters growth rehabilitation and facilitates the development of self-help skills among individuals
- Help clients with strengthening their life skills to promote self-agency and a successful return to the community
- Inspect the facility for safety and maintenance
- Transport clients to and from any volunteer opportunities/appointments
- Recognizing when an individual is in a crisis and be able to utilize the appropriate psychiatric and medical back up services.
- Implementation of individuals' goals and providing appropriate support.
- Providing Life Skills Support / Crisis Management to identified clients
- Assist in maintenance of the residence (i.e., Laundry, Loading/Unloading dishwasher,
- Taking out trash/trash cans, walking perimeter of property to identify any safety concerns, reporting any maintenance concerns, light cleaning of common areas, etc.)
- Work directly with residents (i.e., using open ended questions, clarify problem, ask if Team is aware, etc.)
- Inspect common areas and bedrooms for cleanliness on a daily basis
- Monitor residents in common areas and during scheduled outings
- Coordinate/facilitate and supervise in-house group activities special activities and outings as needed
- Help residents acclimate within the house and practice forming a community, may require monitoring client interests and facilitating house activities in the community
- Be timely and present at all scheduled meetings, shift change, staff meetings and trainings.
- Develop knowledge of the current community resources and referrals, which may entail attendance at off-site meetings and trainings
- Communicate pertinent information to resident's treatment team (Shift Notes, E-Mail)
- Be familiar and comply with reconnect policies and procedures. report any deviations to Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and experience Requirements
- Education: BA degree in relevant field such as Psychology and Social Work
- Experience working in mental health for minimum of 1 year
- Ideally an MA student/trainee/associate who wants to accrue hours towards licensure as therapist (Psychology/Social work)
- Completion of First Aid/CPR required
- Valid California driver's license
- Excellent Internet/Computer skills
- Excellent phone/in person conversation skills while maintaining all levels of confidentiality.
- Managing details and providing flawless execution; naturally tech savvy.
- Excel at prioritizing workflow, possess an intuitive approach, and anticipate needs.
- Work independently by being self-directed and motivated; possess a high level of resourcefulness.
- Positive/Respectful attitude towards clients and co-workers
- Solution based approach/Team player
- Strong writing communication skills
To apply for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]