Article provided by: Maui Recovery
Maui Recovery is a top-rated drug rehab in Hawaii, where we use a variety of evidence-based programs and psychotherapies to treat addiction. Our treatment facility offers the perfect ambiance for recovering addicts to stay focused on recovery and to achieve sobriety.
How does cognitive behavioral therapy work?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is one of the effective psychotherapies used in addiction treatment to address the disturbing and negative thoughts in individuals. This therapy educates patients on how to examine and establish connections between their thoughts and actions. At our facility, we use CBT to increase awareness in patients, which helps them realize how their negative emotions can be irrational.
CBT is used in most rehab centers because it is highly efficient in treating a variety of mental health disorders like anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, etc. By increasing awareness in a recovering addict, they are better equipped to overcome addiction.
At our drug rehab in Hawaii, we work closely with our patients to help them identify their negative feelings, emotions, and thoughts when exposed to stressful situations. We make our patients revisit their traumatic memories repeatedly, which reduces the impact of the negative emotions experienced with such memories.
Acute and Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
When recovering addicts undergo detox, they experience physical withdrawal symptoms for the first two weeks of medical detox. This is the first stage of detox and is called acute withdrawal symptoms.
Acute withdrawal symptoms can cause fatal consequences, which is why medical detox takes place in a fully equipped rehab facility in the supervision of a certified medical practitioner. Our highly skilled clinical team closely monitors our patients for up to 10 days after detox. Patients that undergo detox for addiction to substances like benzodiazepines, alcohol, illicit drugs, etc., risk fatal acute withdrawal symptoms. After this stage, patients experience the second stage of detox, which is the post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS).
In this phase, the brain re-calibrates after addiction and detox and causes the recovering addict to feel a variety of psychological symptoms. Based on the drug abused, and the severity of the addiction, symptoms of post-acute withdrawal can last for a couple of weeks up to several months. However, the symptoms of these conditions gradually dissipate over time.
Common post-acute withdrawal symptoms
Post-acute withdrawal syndrome appears sporadically and eventually becomes the root cause of relapse in most recovering addicts. Some of the symptoms of PAWS include:
- Insomnia or lack of good quality sleep
- Irritability and hostility
- Anxiety, aggression, panic attacks
- Depression, lack of focus and concentration
- Fatigue, poor memory, and foggy thought process
- Experiencing cravings for alcohol/drug
- Impulsive behaviors
Contact or visit our drug rehab in Hawaii, for more details on our treatments, programs, and admission process. At Maui Recovery, we follow a traditional Hawaiian treatment approach called the 'Mālama Mentorship Program.' All our mentors offer care, honor, and protection to the best of their abilities, to our patients in recovery. We offer special rates to locals and residents of the Hawaiian Islands.Drug Rehab Hawaii
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
© 2020 Reconnect Psychological Services
- Depression Treatment Centers California News
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Treatment News
- Inpatient treatment For Depression News
- Mental Health Facilities California News
- Mental Health Inpatient Treatment Centers News
- Outpatient Mental Health Facilities News
- Residential Trauma Treatment Programs News
- Trauma Healing Center News
- Trauma Treatment Center News
- Treatment Centers For Depression News
- Senior Caregivers Riverside County
- Outpatient Therapy Stockton Ca
- Alcohol Treatment Centers Southern California
- Alcohol Rehab Ventura
- Scottsdale Treatment Center
- Orthotics Nashville
- Rehab In Florida
- probiotics Los angeles
- Outpatient Rehab Fargo Nd
- female counselor Kitsilano
- Psychotherapy Newport Irvine
- southern California rehab
- Childrens Dentist Vancouver Wa
- Baptist Urgent Care
- Austin Psychiatrists
- Smile Makeover Pasadena
- Drug Rehab Hawaii
- Mt Washington Nursing Home
- Urgent Care Fort Worth
- Marble Falls Orthopedics
- Hypnose Weiterbildung
- Labiaplasty Cost
- los angeles Psychologist
- Breast Lift Little Rock Arkansas
- Health Insurance Agent Sarasota
- Rehab In Arizona