The Body Remembers
Making Trauma Therapy Safer
Professional Training with Best Selling Author & Trauma Specialist:
November 15 & 16, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
CEU’s Provided for Licensed Psychologists, LMFT, LCSW, LPC
About Babette Rothschild
Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCSW, has been a practitioner since 1976 and a teacher and trainer since 1992. She is the author of six books, (translated into more than a dozen languages including Danish, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese) all published by WW Norton. Her newest, The Body Remembers, Volume 2: Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment; her classic bestseller, The Body Remembers, Volume 1: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment; The Body Remembers CASEBOOK: Unifying Methods and Models in the Treatment of Trauma and PTSD; Help for the Helper: The Psychophysiology of Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma; 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery; and Trauma Essentials: The Go-To Guide. She is also the Series Editor of the WW Norton 8 Keys to Mental Health Series (12 titles and growing!). After living and working for 9 years in Copenhagen, Denmark she returned to her native Los Angeles. There she is writing her next books while she continues to lecture, train, and supervise professional psychotherapists worldwide.
Who Can Attend This Workshop?
- Social Workers
- Alternative & Complementary Practitioners
- Students of Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Anyone working in caring professions
Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment:
Autonomic Nervous System / Precision Regulation Table
Goals & Objectives
- Distinguish trauma recovery from trauma resolution.
- Acquire more recovery options for trauma clients than processing trauma memories, particularly for those who don’t want to and those who decompensate or dysregulate from that customary practice.
- Employ the sensory nervous system for instant stabilization during therapy sessions and in client daily lives.
- Identify both obvious as well as previously unrecognized resources as antidotes to traumatic stress states.
- Differentiate two types of freeze states from two classes of hypo-aroused states.
- Revive the (too-often) neglected application of therapeutic contracts and treatment planning.
- Gain tools to enable trauma clients to make better (and safer) use of mindful practices such as meditation, MBSR, and yoga.
Best selling author & trauma specialist Babette Rothschild, LCSW will be presenting at The Body Remembers conference, emphasizing how to make trauma therapy safer. Participants will learn through lectures, written materials, experiential exercises, and video tapes of clinical sessions. This professional training is consistent with and a beneficial adjunct to any method of psychotherapy or specialized trauma therapy (e.g. analytical, dynamic & somatic, cognitive-behavioral, and EMDR.
In addition, participants will learn to predict and distinguish those clients who will benefit from processing trauma memories, develop the ability to interpret and modulate the body’s nervous system to better regulate arousal levels in clients and themselves as well as gain tools for protecting clinicians from vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue.
Continuing Education Units will be provided for Licensed Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Social Workers, and Professional Clinical Counselors.
Dr. Karol Darsa has over 20 years of clinical and administrative experience in trauma and mental health disorders. Dr. Darsa will present Reconnect’s philosophy of integrative trauma treatment. The participants will learn about gentle, body-based processes which help heal and reconnect the mind and body. These clients typically experience dis-regulation due to traumatic events, developmental trauma, or emotional disorders.
Babette Rothschild M.S.W., L.C.S.W
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Best Selling Author & Trauma Specialist
Dr. Karol Darsa Psy.D
Founder and Executive Director of Reconnect Integrative Trauma Treatment Center
Sign up before September 27, 2019 to reserve your spot at the Early Bird Rate of $445. Inquiries after September 27, 2019 are subject to an increased rate of $495. Feel free to reach out to us at (310)-713-6739.