Article provided by: 90210 Recovery
Safety is vital when undergoing alcohol detox to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms and complications, which can be life-threatening. The process of detox can be made less uncomfortable and safer by going to a reputable rehab center that offers medical detox. With medical and close intervention, the risk of painful and serious complications can be greatly reduced. At 90210 Recovery, our Beverly Hills alcohol detox program will give you or a loved one the opportunity to achieve lasting sobriety.
How to Detox Safely
It’s not easy to quit drinking alone without the help of addiction and substance abuse treatment in Beverly Hills, especially if you have an alcohol use disorder. Attempting to quit cold turkey without any aid can be dangerous and life-threatening. A safer alternative to home alcohol detoxification is a medically supervised detox.
Alcohol Detoxification from Home
The comfort, safety, and control you have at home can make you feel like this it’s the best option for you. However, at-home detoxification is often associated with risks of severe withdrawal symptoms. When you or a loved one quits alcohol suddenly, the body can react by presenting various symptoms. Such symptoms include hallucinations, seizures, and anxiety.
The symptoms can be severe and hard to manage without any medical assistance when detoxing alone. Our Beverly Hills alcohol use therapist recommends the following tips when detoxing at home:
- Ensure you do not have any alcohol in the house to avoid temptation when things get rough.
- Look for a loved one or a therapist to guide you and give support throughout the process.
- Have a clear schedule without any responsibilities to achieve detox successfully.
- Eating is essential when going through alcohol detox, starting with hydration. Consuming enough fluids when the symptoms are severe will help you to rehydrate your body. You also need to focus on eating a balanced diet. When you visit our Beverly Hills drug rehabilitation center, we take control of all your dietary requirements.
- Add essential vitamins and minerals to help your body get rid of toxins.
Medically Supervised Alcohol Detox
Severe withdrawal effects of alcohol detox can be fatal as a result of heart failure. At 90210 Recovery, we have second to none Beverly Hills alcohol use treatment centers giving you a much safer option. Our qualified medical professionals offer unsurpassed services in:
- Medical stabilization
- Preventing relapse
- Therapy intervention
- A comfortable and safe environment with a great social structure
- Peer and family support
We have various treatment programs to increase your chances of a successful recovery, such as residential Inpatient. Detox can be hard on your family. At our Beverly Hills CA rehab center, we offer medically supervised detox tailored to suit your needs. Throughout the detoxification program, our professional staff will help you manage the withdrawal symptoms and detox safely.
Start Your Journey to Recovery Today
If you cannot control your alcohol use, and it has negatively impacted your life, you can achieve sobriety by getting help from our Beverly Hills alcohol detox facility. We offer best in class care as we seek to treat your alcohol use disorder. Contact 90210 Recovery to speak with our addiction treatment specialist on 844-462-8571.